Arbitrage rebate compliance has a volatile, complex set of rules and regulations subject to frequent changes and varying interpretation. By not adhering to the arbitrage rebate and yield restriction regulations, an entity may incur substantial fines and penalties and/or loss of the tax-exempt status of the debt issue. Click on the following links to learn more about the basics.
ACS' Exclusive Training Program
ACS' training program provides participants an array of 30 training modules. The first three modules are available for no cost on our training program page.
For additional resources relating to the bond compliance requirements, please visit the following links:
Internal Revenue Service
- IRS Tax Exempt Bond Community
- Tax Exempt Bonds Forms & Training Publications
- After the Bonds are Issued: Then What?
- IRS Webinars
- Current Developments
The Securities and Exchange Commission
Government and Related Public Finance Associations
- Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL)
- Association of School Business Officers International (ASBO International)
- National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- Association of Public Treasurers of the US & Canada (APTUSC)
- National Association of Counties (NACo)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA)
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)
- Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB)
- National Association of Municipal Advisors (NAMA)